Thursday, October 13, 2011

Update on Exposure Render

Two new great looking videos of Exposure Render, the real-time CUDA-based volume path tracer have appeared on Youtube. It's quite cool to see these anatomical volume datasets being rendered with physically based shading in near real-time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZaPIEo6PPs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D2HfJ5Cwqc


Someone has also put the video from the paper "On filtering the noise from the random parameters in Monte Carlo rendering" on Youtube, making it more convenient to retrieve and watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ6TFZE5QEU

The results for filtered images using only 8 input samples per pixel are extremely impressive.

7 comments:

kellpossible said...

Have you figured out how to change the resolution in exposurerender? I also can't manage to load the larger files that they offer for download. The scene is empty when I open them. Perhaps that functionality is broken atm :S

Sam Lapere said...

I can run the demo of Exposure Render, but it doesn't display the Mantis dataset that came with it. It's just a pitchblack viewport. I guess it's because I'm running it on a laptop with a crappy old 8600M GT with only 128 MB. I will try it on a somewhat better system (with GeForce GTS 450) later today.

Thomas Kroes said...

Hi Guys, this is the author from Exposure Render. The problems you guys mentioned are actually being solved at the moment, so stay tuned. Unfortunately I'm working on it alone at the moment, so it might take some time to eliminate all bugs.

Sam Lapere said...

Great news and a fantastic renderer Thomas. Looking forward to the release

Thomas Kroes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thomas Kroes said...

Hi Guys,

There is a new release available on my website:

http://code.google.com/p/exposure-render/downloads/detail?name=ExposureRender-1.1.0-win32.exe&can=2&q=#makechanges

Please let me know what you think!

Sam Lapere said...

It works great on my laptop with 8600M GT now. Thanks for the new release (finally ;). I'll make a post about the new version with some pictures soon.